RME Consultants are working with an innovative, fast paced, growing accountancy firm based in Oxford, Oxfordshire who are seeking a motivated and hard working Management Accountant to join their expanding Outsourcing team.
- To be the primary day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio of clients regarding all data processing activities and treasury matters, taking responsibility for all duties up to and including the production of (often complex) management information
- Data processing activities to include bank transactions, sales and purchase ledger items, expense claims and all other general ledger postings, journals etc
- Analytically review results and analyse key performance indicators for your clients
- Ensure that allocated teams are keeping all accounting systems up to date and accurate within the agree timeframes
- Review VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, having an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules and the basis principles of partial exemption and how this operates
- Prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision, having an awareness of the disclosure requirements of the Companies Act
- Prepare an audit file which could be provided to the client’s auditors, with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items
- Knowledge of UKGAAP and desirably IFRS
- Carry out ad hoc assignments, often to include budgeting and assistance with cash flow forecasting and training clients in use of their accounting systems
- Assist with tendering to potential new clients as well as the implementation phase for new engagements
- Liaise and collaborate with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Promote the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties
- Assist with portfolio allocation across the wider team and monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring
- Work in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient way of doing things
- Line manage and develop more junior members of the team
- A minimum of 4-5 years UK Practice experience, preferably within an Outsourcing team.
- Experience in industry (alongside your practice experience) is also desirable.
- Ideally AAT qualified and, or be working towards, ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- A positive and confident self-starter, who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships as well as internal collaboration
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to work across a variety of clients during any one month
- Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating an organised approach to work; an ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- An ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real-life client situations
- Strong IT skills, specifically Xero and Excel alongside an ability to to pick up new software packages very quickly
- Sage and CCH experience would also be an advantage.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many sectors
- Personalised Career Map, commencing with steps to support your progression into a senior management role
- Participation in our Management Development Programme to help realise your full potential
- Partner-level mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to champion your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary, holiday and benefits package, including flexible working, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme.
- Holiday allowances increase with service, plus we offer holiday trading whereby you can buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Company-wide Wellbeing Programme focused on encouraging positive mental and physical health
- Modern, recently refurbished North Oxford office
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed quickly
- Full study package if required to complete a professional qualification.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Permanent, Full Time